Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Is it wrong???

Jennifer here

Star date 03022010 19:07:00

During my training, I have A LOT time ALONE in my head. This time alone can be dangerous! The following list is a mere sampling of what has been dilly dallying around in my brain during my last few runs.

Is it wrong?


1. To think about donuts 5 miles into an 8+ mile run?
2. To curse like a drunken sailor while running?
3. To be annoyed with the powers that be for being give such short legs? I mean it takes me twice as many steps to cover the same distance as my 6 foot like 5 inch coach?
4. Having said # 3, is it wrong to think that I am actually running twice the distance? So, will I really run 52.4 miles and not 26.2????
5. To have a rum and coke after and evening 3 to 4 mile run?
6. To pick my undies out of my butt while running in public and NOT give a rat’s ass who sees me?
7. To only own ONE $50 sports bra that I am forced to wash every day because I am too cheap to buy another one?
8. To talk on my cell phone while running?
9. To be jealous of my female team mates who’s thighs don’t rub in the middle?

10.To be annoyed that after a MONTH of running I STILL have cottage cheese thighs!!! ACK!!!!
11. To come up with reasons why you need to quit @ THAT moment in the middle of a run such as:
a. You just realized you have a concrete phobia.
b. The hole that your dog ate in your sock has now migrated and your baby toe is being rubbed raw.
c. You forgot to wash your favorite sports bra & the one you have on isn’t giving you the support you need?
d. You just remembered that you are supposed to be part of a sleep study and you MUST go back to bed NOW.
e. It seemed like a good idea when you decided to check running a marathon off your bucket list & signed up… now…. Where is my CREDIT CARD??? I will pay the difference to my $ goal. I want to STOP!
f. Your doctor was right, your knees AREN’T happy about your running.
g. You proclaim you have to POOP! You don’t have to poop, but NO ONE will question it because they will be SO MORTIFIED that you said it OUT LOUD!!!! TMI!!!


IS IT WRONG??????

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the best thing to remember about this experience is that after all of the complaints, epiphanies, expenses, blisters, and accomplishments....you still are achieving something a lot of people view as impossible.

    ReplyDelete